Trocadero recognises and supports the diverse practises of contemporary visual artists. Applications are invited from emerging and established artists and curators working professionally in any visual arts medium.
Proposals for individual, group and curated exhibitions are welcome, as well as performance, launches and forums. Trocadero selects proposals for its exhibition calendar with a view to present an exciting and diverse program of high-quality events by established artists across a range of media and critical approaches.
Call outs to exhibit are advertised through Trocadero’s Facebook, Instagram, and mailing list
How do I apply to exhibit?
Applications for Gallery ONE & Gallery TWO:
It’s as simple as gathering the following info and sending it to us:
1) A Completed Cover Sheet (available below)
2) Project Description
1xA4 Page of approx 500 words describing the intended exhibition. It should be a clear and concise description of the work you wish to exhibit, the ideas that inform it and how you intend to install it within the space (a visual walk-through).
3) Visual Support Material with Descriptions
8-10 Images (72dpi JPEGs)
Videos: no longer than 8 minutes
With each image make sure you list: Artist, Title, Date, Medium, Dimensions, Duration(video)
Please note if any works are the intended pieces for exhibition
Located at the top of the stairwell leading into Trocadero Artspace, WALLSPACE showcases painting, paste-ups, screen print, and graffiti. WALLSPACE shows run twice a year; from Feb – July , and from July – Dec. We are very happy to say that WALLSPACE is a FREE space!
WALLSPACE Measurements: 560cm x 290cm
When submitting an application to WALLSPACE please provide:
Located between the first and second set of stairs into Trocadero Artspace, Nooky is an ideal space for performance, installation, and experimental practices! Nooky is only $50 for a 3 week period, making it ideal for single night performance works coinciding with Trocadero’s main gallery openings.
If you have an idea for Nooky you wish to discuss with the Trocadero Artspace team feel free to contact us any time at trocaderoartspace(at)gmail(dot)com
When submitting an application to Nooky please provide:
We recommend sending your proposal as a single PDF file – please no .zip files!
Please save your proposal as: TAS_artist_year.pdf
Applications can also be posted to:
Trocadero Art Space, Suite 1, Level 1/119 Hopkins st Footscray VIC 3011
Or Proposals can be dropped into the gallery during open hours: WED-SAT 12-5pm
Info for Successful Applications
Successful Applications will be notified via email.
Further Exhibitor info will be sent on acceptance of the Gallery’s Offer.
Each successful applicant will be required to sign an exhibitor’s agreement and pay a 50% deposit upon exhibition acceptance. The balance is payable four weeks prior to the commencement of the exhibition. Exhibitors are responsible for the insurance of their own work and equipment if required.
In a bid to reduce our environmental impact Trocadero no longer provides hard copy invitations. The exhibitor is responsible for bearing the cost of any hardcopy invites. Hardcopy material must display the Trocadero logo, address, contact info & web address.
Trocadero will provide…
– Limited staffing for each exhibition. Exhibiting artists are obliged to sit at least 70% of the staffing for their exhibition.
– An Electronic Invitation to our subscriber-based email list and Melbourne’s contemporary arts venues
– An Electronic Media Release to selected media contacts, local and daily papers, print media covering events and entertainment
– An Electronic Media Release to various online blogs, magazines and websites relevant to the Melbourne arts and cultural scene
– Exposure through the Trocadero Art Space website and inclusion in an online archiving (currently under construction)
– Advertising on all Trocadero Art Space social media pages (Twitter, Facebook)
– Bar service and alcohol at all openings (Drinks for sale, food not included- held every third Saturday between 4-6pm)
– Standard installation materials for the hanging and dismantling of exhibitions
– No commissions are taken on the sale of an exhibitor’s artwork.
Any variation to this is at the sole discretion of Trocadero Art Space and any additional requirements, equipment or materials must be negotiated well in advance. Applicants wishing to be fully insured against fire, flood, theft, loss or damage must organise this independently and do so at their own expense.
What are the costs?
As of January 2016:
Gallery one: $890 per 3 week show
Gallery two: $580 per 3 week show
Nooky: $50 per 3 week show
Wall Space: FREE (Available twice a year for five months)
A $100 Bond applies to galleries 1 & 2, refundable to the exhibitor at the conclusion of their exhibition subject to adequate repair and restoration of the gallery to its condition prior to the exhibition.